Recently there have been important changes in the sanitary regulations for composite products, since various regulations have come into force that directly affect the importation of food. Until now there have been many composite products that were made in unauthorized countries but that used raw material of animal origin from a country that has a waste plan and is authorized. This was accepted as long as a letter from the health authorities was presented indicating that the product of animal origin came from an authorized country.
From what the Grupo Raminatrans Customs Department has analyzed, we want to emphasize that there are many products of this kind that come, and most of the countries that produce them do not have a Waste Plan, so it is very important to pay close attention to these new Regulations, given that what was being imported until now may be a rejection by our health authorities.
Below we detail the Regulations that have come into force:
- Regulation (EU) 2235/2020, which establishes the new Certificate models, which includes a new certificate for composite products.
- Article 12 and article 14 of Regulation (EU) 2019/625, relative to the private Certification of composite products.
- Regulation (EU) 404/2021 and Regulation (EU) 405/2021, which establish the lists of countries from which the importation of food is authorized.
- Regulation (EU) 2021/632, which establishes the products that must pass veterinary control.
- Regulation (EU) 2021/630, establishes that certain products that have a component of animal origin, such as cookies, chocolate, pasta, pastry products, stuffed olives … do not pass veterinary control.
The new regulations, and for now the criteria of the Ministry, establishes that also the countries that make composite products have a Waste Plan (Decision 2011/163 / EC) for the product of animal origin in question. And in addition, these products must be accompanied by a private Certification in accordance with the model established in Annex V of Regulation (EU) 2020/2235. This private Certification must be issued by the importer.
This new regulation will be applicable to all those items that are certified on April 21st. or later. However, there will be a transition period that will allow the items to be accompanied by the old Certificates provided that they have been signed before August 21st. and arrive in the EU before October 20th, 2021.
- Modelo certificación privada R (UE) 2020_2235.
- Nota informativa productos compuestos.
- Nota informativa modelos certificados desde Abril 2021.
- Nota informativa sobre los modelos de certificados oficiales y otros documentos que deben acompañar a determinadas mercancías a partir del 21 de abril de 2021.